One of the keys to starting and completing a successful project is teamwork and problem solving. This requires creativity, innovation and thinking outside the box, but also being able to develop a plan and execute it as a team.
In the Marshmallow Challenge your team is going to have 20 minutes to work together to construct a spaghetti tower that has a marshmallow on the top. The winning team will have the tallest tower standing unassisted.
Here are the rules:
- Your team may only use the materials provided. This includes one yard of masking tape, 25 pieces of spaghetti, one yard of string and your marshmallow.
- You may not use any other materials to assist in the support of your tower.
- You will have only 20 minutes. Your marshmallow must be on the top of the tower when
time is called and your tower must be standing unassisted.
- Measurement is a vertical measurement from the table top up when "time" is called, not before.
- You may stick masking tape to the table top.
- Spaghetti may be broken into smaller pieces. However, once broken, pieces may not